Acupuncture originated in China over thousands of years ago and is part of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Today acupuncture involves the insertion of ultra-fine sterilised single-use needles into acupuncture points, carefully selected for your health condition. In the Netherlands, acupuncture is widely practised.
how does acupuncture work?
Acupuncture is increasingly being researched and shown to help a great variety of conditions. Traditional Chinese medicine theory states that disease disrupts the normal flow of Qi (often known as energy) and blood through the body.
Acupuncture works by restoring the harmonious flow of Qi and blood which results in the body healing itself in the long-term and achieving a balance.
What Can Acupuncture Treat?
Acupuncture can treat a wide range of conditions. The most common are:
- Reduction of pain (acute or chronic)
- Improves digestion & regularity
- Boosts energy & stamina
- Regulates metabolism
- Reduces cravings
- Improves emotional well-being
- Reduction of stress & increased tolerance of stressful events
- Better quality sleep & feeling more rested
- Balances hormones: treats many women’s health issues
- Healthier immune system, e.g. fewer colds & flu symptoms
List of conditions where acupuncture can help:
- Muscle pain, swelling, stiffness and weakness
- Localized traumatic injuries, sprains, strains, tendonitis, contractures
- Work and sports related injuries
- Lower back pain
- Frozen shoulder, tennis elbow
- Acute conjunctivitis
- Toothaches, post extraction pain
- Acute and chronic pharyngitis
- Spasms of esophagus and cardia
- Irritable bowel and colitis
- Acute and chronic gastritis
- Gastric hyperacidity
- Chronic duodenal ulcer (pain relief)
- Acute duodenal ulcer (without complications)
- Acute and chronic colitis